Student Assistants (Up to 5 Positions) - Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
June 1 2018 – May 31, 2019 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Members of the Department of Applied Human Sciences oversee exercise testing and prescription for members of the community. They are seeking up to 5 highly motivated and responsible students to assist with these endeavors.
The successful candidates will be expected to assist in activities related to exercise testing and prescription. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Tests of musculoskeletal and aerobic fitness
- Occupation-specific fitness tests
- Inputting and interpreting data related to the above tests
- Helping to develop/oversee tailored aerobic, resistance and flexibility training programs
- Candidates must be a current UPEI student (or returning in the Fall), and have successfully completed Kinesiology 3430 at UPEI (or equivalent course at another institution) OR be a current graduate student in the Department of Applied Human Sciences.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.