Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
June 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018
The School of Sustainable Design Engineering is seeking applications for a student research assistant position.
• This position is required to work in lab/clinic bays/ industry research centers under the direction of Dr. Aitazaz Farooque Assistant Professor to assist in design and development autonomous sensor platforms
• The incumbent is required to design, develop and test sensor platforms for potato production
• The student will be trained in engineering design and sustainability aspects
• The students will be encouraged to participate in industry meetings to present design project results
• Must have good computer, programing, machine design, CAD, sensors and software skills
• Must have skills related to cutting, welding, testing, evaluations, and operation of machine shop equipment
• Must be in good academic standing with a strong work ethic
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Willingness to work in lab and field environments
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.