Student Assistant Drivers for Access Shuttle (Up to 6 Positions) - Department of Student Affairs
$12.25 per hour (plus 4% vacation)
September 2019 - May 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements.)
Student Affairs is looking for a number of students would like to be involved in the inaugural year for providing an additional service to our students registered with accessibility services. Beginning in the 2019-2020 academic school year, UPEI will be providing accessible transportation on campus for those who qualify through Accessibility Services This job requires students to be trustworthy, have knowledge of accessibility needs of students and a willingness to help. This student position will be reporting to the Coordinator of Accessibility Services.
The successful candidate will:
- Transport students to and from designated areas on campus
- Aid students in and out of the van
- Make a schedule of pick up and drop-offs for the week based on the Accessibility Case Managers’ recommendations
- Keep a log of trips made on campus (mileage, start point, endpoint, names of students using the service, report missed pickups)
- Report maintenance/issues required on the vehicle to the vehicle coordinator
- Work closely as part of the Student Affairs team
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Must be a UPEI student
- Must have a valid Class 4 driver’s license (or willing to obtain a class 4)
- A clean driving abstract with no moving violations is required
- A criminal record check required
- Knowledge and experience working with people with disabilities
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Mental Health First Aid preferred
- ASIST training preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability is a must
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, organizational and record-keeping skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applicants from Competition #76S19 need not apply.