Student Laboratory Instructors - Department of Chemistry - Faculty of Science
$19.32 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
September, 2019 to April, 2020
The Chemistry Department seeks applications for laboratory instructors in First year Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Spectroscopy laboratories for the 2019-2020 Academic year.
Lab instructors responsibilities will be:
- Acting as supervisor of students for undergraduate laboratories
- Provide pre-lab instruction and guidance for completion of undergraduate labs
- Ensuring chemicals, solutions and equipment are used in the laboratory safely
- Following Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for marking lab reports and submitting marks to course instructor
- Proctoring and marking of exams will be required
- Applicants will have successfully completed a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or a related field.
- Students hired will be required to successfully complete an on-line WHMIS course and attend a mandatory Site Safety Training session prior to the first lab session.
Only applicants who clearly state they are available afternoons and evenings will be considered. (Please indicate hours available to work, both afternoons and evenings. Include current phone number and e-mail address.) Please note that instructors for either or both academic terms will be chosen from this competition. Applicants wanting to be considered for second term only must apply now and indicate this on their application.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.