Student Research Assistant (2 Positions) - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science*REPOST*
June 15 – March 31, 2018
The Dept. of Applied Human Sciences is seeking applicants for two research assistant positions to assist with a research project examining the impact of community-based learning on the community and civic engagement of Foods and Nutrition and Veterinary medicine students.
• Organize and transcribe interviews
• Assist with qualitative and quantitative data analysis
• Assist with research report writing
• Must be a student currently enrolled at UPEI
• Completion of a research methods course would be an asset
• Research experience, including experience with qualitative and quantitative research software (e.g NVivo; Google Forms; Lime Survey, Survey Monkey, SPSS, etc.) would be considered an asset
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Experience with community-based learning would be considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants of Competition #67S18 and #67S18R need not apply.