Summer Student Research Assistant (Up to 2 positions) - School of Sustainable Design Engineering - Faculty of Science
May 1, 2018 – August 1, 2018
The School of Sustainable Design Engineering is seeking applications for up to two (2) temporary student research assistant positions. These positions are required to work in the lab under the direction of Dr. Nadja Bressan, Assistant Professor, to develop an Interactive Scheduling for Effective Service platform for the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department at the Queens Elizabeth Hospital, Charlottetown, PEI.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language
- Programs the computer by entering coded information
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must be proficient at basic computer programming, background research, technical communication, and creative problem solving
- Successful candidates will have an aptitude in some of the following areas: hands-on building, experimentation, logic, analyzing Information, software algorithm design, software performance tuning, attention to detail, software design, software debugging, software development fundamentals, software documentation, software testing
- Competence in both self-directed and team environments, and motivation for tackling new challenges
- Must be in good academic standing
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.