Student Assistant - Junior Business Systems Analyst - Information Technology Systems & Services
May 7 – August 27, 2018
IT Systems & Services is looking for a student assistant to work as a Junior Business Systems Analyst.
Under the direction of an IT Team member, the Jr. Business System Analyst is responsible for:
- Generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues
- Developing, documenting and articulating business requirements and be part of the team to choose and implement the solution
- The successful candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments
- The individual may also be required to create training and communication materials in a variety of formats - written, audio, video, online
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to compile and analyze data (must have Excel skills - (SQL skills and the use of Bl applications would be a definite advantage)
- Be able to work both in a group and independently to meet deadlines
- Experience in Ellucian Colleague System Student Module would be an asset
- Must be able to use various software applications (MS Office, Google Apps, MS SharePoint would be an asset)
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.