Student Assistant - Information Technology Systems & Services *REPOST*
June – August 24, 2018
IT Systems & Services is looking for a student assistant to work with the Client Solutions team in ITSS.
There are a number of roles that require support including the deployment of a large number of Dell and Apple desktops and laptops, deployment of Microsoft Active Directory, conversion of email systems, developing and delivering end user training for a number of software platforms, conducting data collection and analysis on IT assets and performance. Duties could include:
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, RAM, memory chips and so on
- Collaborate with ITSS technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of UPEI desktop computing environment
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems
- Answer to and perform moves, adds and changes (MAC) requests as they are dispatched
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, including Windows and iOS
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants to competition 64S18 need not apply.