Let's Talk Science Student Coordinator (Up to 2 positions) - Faculty of Science
May 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019
The Faculty of Science is seeking to hire one or two students to take over the role of Let’s Talk Science Coordinator(s) during the period May 01, 2018-April 30 2019.
- The coordinator(s) will recruit and train new site volunteers
- Support volunteers by helping plan activities
- Organize supplies and travel arrangements, trips to rural communities
- Track finances and maintain records of site budget
- Compile and write stewardship reports to funders
- Maintain communication with the national Let’s Talk Science Office and attend one fully funded LTS conference
- Must be a UPEI student with good communication skills
- Must have experience working on LTS as a volunteer
- Must be able to work independently and carry on LTS initiatives
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.