Student Animal Care Attendant - Department of Animal Resources - Atlantic Veterinary College
May 27 – August 16, 2019
The Department of Animal Resources is seeking a student assistant to work over the summer months.
• Perform feeding and cleaning of both laboratory and aquatic animal species
• Provide dog exercise and socialization
• Perform daily animal health observations
• Provide necessary nursing care and administer medications as required
• Operate cage washer and portable cleaning equipment
• Maintain general cleanliness of department
• Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Good oral communication skills
• Experience in a laboratory setting working with animals
• Preference will be given to those who have completed first or second year of the DVM program or have equivalent qualifications (Pre-vet)
• Must have the ability to work carefully and effectively under minimal supervision
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.