The Department of Integrated Communications invites applicants for a six-month term Graphic Designer position.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Graphic Designer is responsible for conceiving and creating visual, graphically-designed media and materials across multiple communication platforms in support of the marketing and communication priorities of the University.
• Designs, develops, and produces visual media for marketing, promotional, publicity, developmental purposes
• Sustains UPEI brand by assisting in the updating of visual identity elements, and assisting clients, stakeholders, and suppliers in the understanding of UPEI’s visual identity.
• Collaborates with other members of the IC team in the contextualization of projects within overall message, and identifying the goals, tone, audience, etc. for consideration within the creative process.
• Establishes and meets deadlines, monitoring and tracking projects to ensure proper workflow and timely completion.
• College diploma in Graphic Design (2 years).
• Minimum 3 years experience in a professional design environment.
• Demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite with exceptional skills in Photoshop and InDesign; experience with Illustrator, Bridge, and Acrobat.
• Experience with font handling; file transfer and pre-press protocols.
• Familiarity with web, user experience and user interactive design principles; web content management systems; and major presentation software programs such as Powerpoint, Keynote etc.
• Proficient within the MacIntosh operating system.
• Demonstrated creative, communication, and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to quality control.
• Ability to maintain respectful and cooperative interpersonal relationships, and work with individuals and groups collaboratively.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and diplomacy in addressing the needs of a diverse client base.
• Ability to multi-task, coordinate projects, and function professionally in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to recognize problems and provide solutions.