Operations Assistant - Panther Academy - Department of Athletics and Recreation
June 10 - September 2, 2019
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires an Operations Assistant for Panther Academy Summer Camps to conduct all administrative duties and work directly with the Coordinator, Sales & Panther Academy.
Under the guidance of the Coordinator, Sales & Panther Academy, the successful candidate will:
• Process payments and registrations
• Handle the logistics of daily camp operations
• Be responsible for all purchasing of equipment/supplies
• Update Panther Academy website
• Develop policies and procedures
• Be the primary point of contact for all registration inquiries
• Assist with staff training/orientation sessions and staff meetings
• The successful candidate will have effective business and customer service skills and will be responsible for submitting weekly reports to the Coordinator, Sales & Panther Academy
• Previous experience working with children or working in a camp setting
• A background in administration work
• Experience handling large sums of money and preparing cash deposits
• Experience in a supervisory role
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to communicate and be assertive
• Enthusiastic, outgoing, friendly and courteous personality
• Ability to relate positively to staff, campers and parents
• Adapt easily to unexpected circumstances and additional duties
• At least one year of post-secondary education is required along with a Criminal Record Check upon hiring
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.