Student Research Assistant - School of Mathematical and Computational Science - Faculty of Science
May 6 – June 28, 2019 (Term may be reduced or extending depending on performance, available funding and grant requirements)
The School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences is seeking one undergraduate student research assistant to assist with an NSERC-funded project on Delay Difference Equations and Delay Differential Equations.
• The research student will help with developing theoretical and numerical techniques for Delay Difference Equations and Delay Differential Equations. The goal of this study is to establish some connections between delay equations and dynamical systems. Both deterministic and random (stochastic) cases will be considered
• The research student will also review related literatures and will work on finding possible applications of delay equations
• Strong background in Mathematical analysis and Linear Algebra
• Strong background in qualitative analysis of Dynamical systems (Math 4720)
• In-depth knowledge of the methods of solving difference equations and differential equations using different techniques
• Knowledge of using Symbolic Algebraic Systems such as Mathematica and Maple software to analyze the analytic solutions and examine any approximate solutions that might be developed
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.