Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Education
May 11, 2018 – February 1, 2019
Faculty of Education is seeking applicants for one research assistant position to assist with a research project examining the impact of a mental health literacy training program on pre service teacher’s knowledge, attitudes and help seeking efficacy.
- Conduct surveys with pre service teachers
- Assist with data collection through surveys and focus group interviews
- Organize and transcribe interviews
- Assist with research report writing
- Must currently be enrolled in the Faculty of Education MEd or PhD program
- Must demonstrate experiences and skills in qualitative and quantitative research
- Knowledge of mental health literacy considered an asset
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with conducting focus group interviews necessary
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.