Lead Campus Life Advisor (2 Positions) - Student Affairs
September 2018 – April 30, 2019
Student Affairs is currently seeking two individuals to co-lead the Campus Life Program for the 2018-19 academic year. The CLA Leads will have the same responsibilities as the CLAs (supporting students and working duty nights in the Campus Life Lounge, receiving the CLA honorarium) and in addition, will be responsible for several other duties primarily to ensure the successful delivery of the Campus Life Program.
The two successful CLA Leads will:
• Schedule Duty Nights and Administrative tasks
• Plan the Campus Life Event schedule for the academic year
• Manage the Campus Life Facebook Page and other social media platforms as required
• Develop and Deliver the Family-Friendly Events (approximately 4/semester)
• Support each CLA with their events - individual check-in meetings with CLAs
• Be on-call in case a CLA has an emergency (can't come in for their shift/problem in the lounge)
• Network with campus groups to collaborate on events
• Create and Distribute Paper Advertising for the Campus Life Program (handouts/posters)
• Update Monthly Calendar and Campus Life Banner
• Assist with O-Week scheduling of the Campus Life Lounge Activities
• Attend scheduled staff meetings
• Other duties in assisting with the delivery and promotion of the Campus Life Program as they arise throughout the year
• 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student in Academic Good Standing
• Strong social media skills and demonstrates digital leadership
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills
• Enjoys working with students from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Demonstrates creativity and problem solving skills
• Works effectively in a team and independently
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong English communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, is dependable and reliable
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.