Student Assistant (Up to 2 positions) - Faculty of Nursing
April – June 15, 2018
1-2 Student Assistants are required to support the planning and delivery of the Families, Work and Mobility symposium. The "Families, Work and Mobility Atlantic Canadian Symposium" will be held May 15-17, 2018, at the University of Prince Edward Island. This ground breaking event is the first of its kind – bringing together families, practitioners, researchers and policy makers to learn about the experience of families that are separated due to employment in oil and gas, construction, trucking, temporary foreign employment, the military, fishing, agriculture, or some other type of work; and plan for next steps.
The Student Assistant(s) hired for this project will work under the direct supervision of Dr. Christina Murray. The successful applicant(s) must be available for full-time work throughout the symposium May 14 -18, 2018.
- Supporting the project team in communication related activities associated with the project i.e., social media, email, website information sharing
- Assisting the project team with preparing conference program materials
- Working with the project team to facilitate small group discussions during the symposium
- Organize and synthesize delegate feedback shared by conference participants during small group discussions
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft word and social medium platforms
- Experience planning and/or attending professional conferences
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
- Experience with small group facilitation
- Interest in labor migration and the socioeconomic impacts of temporary labor migration on families and communities
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.