Student Assistant Trainers (2 Positions) - Men's & Women's Hockey - Department of Athletics and Recreation *REPOSTED*
Varies depending on Team
The Department of Athletics and Recreation and Panther Sports Medicine Physiotherapy are looking for seven student assistants for Men’s and Women’s Hockey. This is an excellent learning position for students interested in a career in Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Provide first aid and taping
- Require to attend all training sessions provided by Panther Sports Medicine Physiotherapy
- To act as a liaise with Panther Sports Medicine regarding sports injuries
- Attend all practices (including preseason) and home/away games
- Conduct themselves and their work in a pleasant, presentable and professional manner
- Relate positively to Panther Medicine staff and clients
- Must be certified in standard CPR and First Aid prior to September 1, 2018
- Candidates must be dependable, assertive, enthusiastic, outgoing and courteous
- Experience with leadership, first aid, and taping an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applicants from Competition #33S18 and #33S18R need not apply.