Student Research Assistant - Environmental Studies - Faculty of Science *Amended Closing Date*
April – May, 2019
Dr. Carolyn Peach Brown is seeking a student to assist in the collection and analysis of data for a research project on exploring young farmers’ attitude toward protection of Species at Risk on Prince Edward Island.
• Conduct interviews with rural landowners on PEI
• Transcribe digitally recorded interviews
• Enter data into spreadsheet
• Must be a student who takes initiative and is able to work independently
• Strong organizational skills
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Knowledge of issues related to Species at Risk on PEI will be an asset
• Preference will be given to Environmental Studies majors who are interested in developing a short personal research project as part of a Directed Studies course in the next academic year
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.