Student Research Assistants (2 Positions) - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
May 27 – August 22, 2019
The Department of Applied Human Sciences is seeking an applicant to assist with a research project designed to identify the characteristics of jobs with frequent turnover in clinical dietetics.
• Enter, clean and organize quantitative survey data
• Conduct exploratory data analysis of collected quantitative data
• Conduct qualitative interviews via video and /or teleconference
• Transcribe qualitative interviews
• Assist in the analysis of qualitative data
• Assist in the preparation of research report(s) and/or manuscripts for publication
• Communicate with research participants (i.e., managers of clinical dietitians)
• Prepare and deliver oral and poster presentations for either/both professional & lay audiences
• Other tasks and duties as emerge or are assigned
• Current enrollment as a student at UPEI
• Research experience in qualitative and quantitative methods
• Experience with Stata and/or NVivo will be considered an asset
• Demonstrated communication (oral and written) skills
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve, trouble shoot and manage time in an independent work setting
• Knowledge of the dietetic profession and its structure and practice in Canada
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.