We are looking for energetic, customer-service oriented people to join our summer operations team. Fitness Centre Desk Staff will act as the front-line customer service professionals to provide our members with a great experience. You will be part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, work hard, take pride in their work, and provide great customer service.
• Provide accurate information and answers questions regarding hours of operation, programs and policies
• Monitor access to the fitness centre
• Ensure members using the fitness centre are following the policies, rules and weight room etiquette
• Showing members how to properly use equipment
• Cleaning fitness centre equipment
• Assisting members and visitors
• Customer relations
• Some physical labour is required; ie. Setting up nets, etc.
• Strong customer service skills and/or experience
• Positive attitude, energetic, courteous, good telephone etiquette and attention to detail
• Able to work well within a team work environment
• Good knowledge of fitness centre equipment
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, holidays, and some night shifts
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Enrollment in Kinesiology program would be considered an asset
• Applicants must have excellent customer service skills and positive attitude in serving students and other members.
• All student staff must have current CPR and AED training or agree to obtain this certification at their own expense.
Must be available for employment up to and including September 2nd, 2014.
Priority to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.