Student Intramural Program Assistant - Department of Athletics and Recreation
August 31, 2019 – April 3, 2020
The Athletics and Recreation department is looking for an exceptional student staff leader to assist with the planning and delivery of Intramural/Recreation programming.
• Provide quality leadership and exceptional service as Intramural Program Assistant
• Work collaboratively with the Coordinator Fitness & Wellness
• Encourage and promote participation in Intramural programs and events
• Engage with various groups on campus (International office, Student Union, Student Affairs, Residences, Faculties, Societies, etc.) to ensure information is reaching students and to encourage participation
• Assist with the planning for intramural (competitive and recreational) programs and events
• Supervise and schedule intramural sport leagues
• Assist in maintaining web based intramural program registration and league information
• Collect and submit program reports: manage and update accurate records of participation, schedules, equipment requests and standings in respective intramural leagues
• Inspect facility to insure activities are conducted safely and appropriately
• Set up/take down of equipment needed for intramural sports
• Weekly post via social media recreation results
• Prepare proper paperwork and game sheets for all events
• Handle any injuries or medical situations in accordance with the emergency action plan
• Address participant conflicts and disputes with tact and diplomacy and follow-up with supervisor
• Supervise intramural sports officials during league play
• Enforce university, department and intramural program policies and procedures
• Attend and contribute to all mandatory staff meetings and training
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of sport(s)
• Genuine interest in a variety of individuals and commitment to providing quality service to diverse populations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Candidates should be reliable, self-motivated and should be able to solve problems and make decisions based on the Principles of Panther Pride
• Strong understanding and awareness of UPEI Fitness and Recreation programs and services
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Excellent ability to deal with people
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours - evenings and weekends
• Ability to work independently
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification and WHMIS training
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.