Student Accessibility Exam Proctors (Up to 4 Positions) - Department of Student Affairs
As soon as possible – September, 2019
The Department of Student Affairs at UPEI is looking for Accessibility Exam Proctors (up to 4 student positions). These candidates will be working directly with Accessibility Services in facilitating the department’s exam invigilation requirements. This person will report to the Coordinator of Accessibility Services and will be an essential part of the Student Affairs team.
● Administer UPEI and AVC internal exams for students registered with Accessibility Services in Robertson Library, Dalton Hall or AVC Testing Space
● Provide and operate accommodations needed for any exam invigilated through Accessibility Services. For example: scribing services, text to speech software, increased time to write exam, low lighting and noise cancelling headphones
● Ensuring academic integrity of all exams
● Complete proctor logs and tracking exams in Access Deck
● Support the Accessibility Support Facilitator in exam invigilation preparation
● The candidate will be pursuing at minimum a Bachelor’s degree. Preference given to those pursuing Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field with at least 1 year of experience working with university students with accessibility needs
● Experience using Kurzweil, Dragon Dictate, Access Deck, Sonocent Audio Note Taker, Macintosh and PC computer systems are considered an asset
● The successful candidate will exhibit dependability and honesty and have excellent organizational and time management skills
● Experience working with individuals with disabilities
● Supervisory experience as well as knowledge of the administration and coordination of exams is an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.