Student Assistants (Up to 8 positions) - Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
May to September, 2019
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital is seeking applications from interested DVM students to work as Student Assistants for the summer months. There are up to eight vacant positions:
Please note: This competition will also be used to create a casual list
for the 2019/2020 Academic term.
2 positions – Client Services/Medical Records/Float
1 position – Small Animal Floater
3 positions - ICU
1 position - Large Animal Hospital
1 position - Small Animal Surgery OR
Duties will vary among the different positions. The basic duties for all clinical positions will include:
• Providing nursing care
• Ensuring that all treatments and diagnostic procedures are carried out
• Maintaining records
• Critical care duty in ICU
• Providing vacation relief for AHT=s and providing emergency assistance to veterinarians after hours
• Assisting in admission and discharge of animals
• Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the VTH
• Client Services position duties will include all aspects of reception, admitting, schedule, invoicing and handling of cash
• Performing other related duties as required
Some positions will involve working a rotating schedule, after hours work, nights and weekend duty, and/or the requirement to work on a statutory holiday
• Candidates must have completed 1st or 2nd year of Veterinary Studies in the DVM program
• Previous clinical experience preferred
• Good oral communications skills are required
*** PLEASE INDICATE A PREFERENCE OF LARGE ANIMAL,
SMALL ANIMAL, OR ASSIGNED POSITION***
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.