Panther Sport - Minor Officials (Hockey/Basketball) (Up to 10 Positions) - Department of Athletics and Recreation
January 1 - March 30, 2019
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires dedicated, committed, reliable, thorough and sport-minded Support staff for a variety of Minor Officials positions with duties that include, working at every men’s and women’s hockey, and men’s/women’s basketball home games. Minor Officials are expected to know the respective sport rules/regulations and be able to follow the play with utmost attention and reaction play by play. Employees are part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, work hard and take pride in their work.
● Attention to details
● Adaptable and quick thinking
● Perform well under potentially stressful situations
● Some roles require strong computer or score clock skills
● Working knowledge of playing rules and regulations for U Sports & AUS Hockey and Basketball
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends
● Must be comfortable in front of large crowds
● Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (3-5 hrs)
● Must be able to carry / move / set-up sporting equipment. Physical labour may be required
● Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
● Positive attitude, dedicated, committed, reliable, thorough with an ability to pay attention to detail
● Ability to work with minimal supervision and with other team members as needed
● Previous experience working with community/sport groups is considered an asset
● Ability to adjust to quickly changing, unexpected circumstances
All applicants must complete an Application Form and submit along with their cover letter and resume. Click on the attachement below.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.