Student Room Attendants (Up to 30 positions) - Residence Services - Ancillary Services
Approximately April 22, 2019 up to September 2, 2019 (Must be available for employment up to and including September 2, 2019)
The University of Prince Edward Island has a vibrant conference and accommodations operation during the summer months, and we would like you to be part of it! From May through August, we open our doors to thousands of visitors from all around the world. Our residences turn into a successful hotel-like operation, which provides accommodations and services for a wide variety of conferences, tourists and sporting groups. We also offer meeting space to various groups from on and off campus. We strive to provide the best service to our clients while proudly representing UPEI, Charlottetown and Prince Edward Island.
We are looking for hard-working, energetic, service-oriented people to join our team of Room Attendants. Room Attendants are a valuable part of our operation, contributing a great deal to the overall guest experience. They work behind the scenes to ensure rooms are ready and clean, and as front line staff that interact directly with our guests on a regular basis. You will also be part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, work hard, take pride in its work, and provide great customer service.
• Cleaning and preparing rooms for guests as well as assisting in the laundry services area
• Making beds, tidying rooms, washing floors, emptying garbage, cleaning kitchens and washrooms, laundry services, along with other related duties
• Room Attendants may be selected for cross-training to fill in for a Guest Service Attendant position on occasion when necessary
• Positive attitude, energetic, courteous, with good attention to detail and a good work ethic
• Experience in the tourism/hospitality industry would be an asset, particularly in the area of housekeeping
• Able to work well both independently and within a team environment
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
• Familiarity with UPEI’s residences, the University campus, Charlottetown and PEI
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.