Student Assistant - Office of Recruitment and First Year Advisement - Student Experience Hub
January 2 - April 30, 2019 (possibility of extension depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
UPEI’s Office of Recruitment and First Year Advisement requires a highly motivated and innovative individual to join our recruitment team as a student assistant to support recruitment activities.
• Support recruitment staff in a wide variety of recruitment activities both on and off campus
• Provide admission and program information to a diverse range of prospective students
• Work with the University recruitment team and other on-campus stakeholders in the development and delivery of recruitment initiatives (including promotional materials development, activities, events and other engagement strategies)
The successful candidate will:
• Be a UPEI Student in their third or fourth year of studies
• Possess a valid driver’s license and the energy to excel within a busy, deadline driven work environment
• Ability to carry boxes of promotional materials and display units
• Experience with public speaking
• Knowledge of University programs, student supports and student life
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated initiative, excellent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience in using technology (including social media platforms) that support student engagement activities
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.