Student Assistant - Faculty of Nursing
January 1 – May 31, 2018
The Faculty of Nursing is looking to hire a student assistant to assist the UPEI/Health PEI Nursing Research Day Planning Committee. This position will require a student who is highly organized, efficient, self-directed and who can work independently.
The duties of this position will include:
- Taking and preparing minutes of monthly meetings
- Preparing documents and posters
- Assisting with promotion of the event
- Managing online registration
- Preparing various conference materials
- The successful applicant will be a nursing student
- Must have strong organizational and computer skills
- Must have experience creating promotional materials
- Ability to work independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.