Student Holiday Break Programmer - Residence Services - Office of Recruitment and International Relations, Ancillary Services
December 16th, 2017 – January 6th, 2018 (with program planning done prior to the end of exams)
Ancillary Services and the International Relations Office are looking for a Holiday Break Programmer for December 2017 – January 2018.
The incumbent must work with the Residence Life Coordinator, Residence Housing Coordinator, International Student Advisor, and other university staff in creating a social and supportive environment during the Holiday Break and with the new international student arrivals for January 2018.
- Planning and implementing a calendar of activities throughout the Holiday Break - schedule of activities to be posted before the end exams, and cleared by Residence and Recruitment and International Relations Staff
- Advertising and participating in planned activities during the Holiday Break
- Providing support to students away from home during the Holiday Break
- Being available in residence to welcome newly arrived students
- Assisting with orientation activities for new students in January through the International Relations Office
- Participating in airport pick-ups for incoming students
- Communicating regularly with the Residence Life Coordinator, Residence Housing Coordinator, International Student Advisor, regarding which students are in the buildings and providing activity updates
- Communicating with Security Services regarding any immediate maintenance concerns in residences and situations regarding student and campus safety
- Bringing community standard violations to the attention of the Residence Life Coordinator and Residence Housing Coordinator
- Working with the Residence Life Coordinator to manage the Holiday Break program budget and keep track of all receipts and hours worked
- Full-time student status
- Ability to serve as a positive role model
- Sound knowledge of the university, campus services, residence life program, the local community, and different student activities
- Preference will be given to those who are BOTH International Students and living in Residence
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.