Student Assistant - Learning Resource Centre - Faculty of Nursing
January 2, 2018 to July 27, 2018
The Faculty of Nursing is seeking applicants for the student assistant position in the Learning Resource Centre. This position reports to the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) Coordinator and will assist the Clinical Nursing Instructors in the Learning Resource Centre.
- Assisting students with resources
- Organizing supplies and equipment
- Setting up equipment for specific labs
- Returning equipment to the storage area following lab
- Equipment and manikin maintenance
- Word processing, literature searches, photocopying and filing
- Current enrolment in the first or second year of the nursing program, strong clinical and psychomotor skills required
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability, initiative, and good organizational skills
- Flexibility, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.