Student Assistant - Financial Services
As soon as possible – April 30, 2019
Financial Services is looking for a student assistant to work during the 2018/2019 academic year. This individual will be assisting staff with various accounting and clerical responsibilities within the areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Research Accounting.
• Processing supplier invoices for payment; processing expense claims; and handling general inquiries from suppliers and departments for Accounts Payable
• Invoicing and reviewing accounts for Accounts Receivable
• Processing journal entries
• Assisting with claim preparation in Research Accounting
• Filing and data storage
• Coin rolling
• Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s)
• Preference given to students in the Accounting stream of the Business Administration Program
• Good analytical skills and accuracy
• Experience with Excel spreadsheets
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.