Exam Support Facilitator - Student Affairs
As soon as possible to April, 2019
The Department of Student Affairs at UPEI is looking for an Exam Support Facilitator. This candidate will be working directly with Accessibility Services in coordinating and facilitating the department’s exam invigilation requirements. This person will report to the Coordinator of Accessibility Services and will be an essential part of the Student Affairs team.
• Administer UPEI and AVC internal exams for students registered with Accessibility Services in the Satellite Testing Center in Robertson Library
• Ensuring access to exam materials in a timely manner
• Provide and operate accommodations needed for any exam invigilated through Accessibility Services. For example: scribing services, text to speech software, increased time to write exam, low lighting and noise cancelling headphones
• Ensuring academic integrity of all exams
• Coordinate alternative book format requests
• Support the Test and Exam Facilitator with needs related to Access Deck
• Support the Coordinator and the Test and Exam Facilitator in supervision of proctors, readers and scribes
An ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
• Preference will be given to those pursuing a Master’s degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field
• At least 1 year of experience working with university students with accessibility needs
• An understanding of appropriate teaching pedagogies, accommodations and inclusive practices are essential
• Experience using Kurzweil, Dragon Dictate, Access Deck, Sonocent Audio Note Taker, Macintosh and PC computer systems are essential
• The successful candidate will exhibit dependability and honesty and have excellent organizational and time management skills
• Supervisory experience as well as knowledge of the administration and coordination of exams is essential
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.