Student Assistant - Faculty of Nursing
September 24, 2018 to April 30, 2019
The Faculty of Nursing is seeking applicants for the student assistant position in the Learning Resource Centre. This position reports to the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) Coordinator and will assist the Clinical Nursing Instructors in the Learning Resource Centre.
• Assisting students with resources
• Organizing supplies and equipment
• Setting up equipment for specific labs and returning it to the storage area following the labs
• Equipment and manikin maintenance
• Word processing, literature searches, photocopying, and filing
• Must be enrolled in the first or second year of the nursing program
• Strong clinical and psychomotor skills required
• Demonstrated critical thinking ability, initiative, good organizational skills and flexibility
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills would be considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.