Student Tour Guides (10 Positions) - Office of Recruitment and International Relations
As soon as possible for one year
The student will be responsible for a range of duties such as
- Greeting guests in a friendly manner, answering inquiries
- Leading campus tours
- Communicating with the professors, faculties, or athletics as required
- Data entry
- Performing other duties as required
- The successful candidate will ideally be in second year or above, have cross-cultural experience, and will be familiar with the many different parts of the UPEI Experience
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal abilities are required
- Ability to work independently and occasional evenings and/or weekends
- The successful candidate must be friendly, responsible, and able to function well under pressure
- Familiarity with UPEI’s different programs, buildings, residences, clubs & societies, and athletics
- A friendly outgoing personality is an asset
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.