Student Diversity Office Coordinator (Up to 2 Positions) - Student Affairs
September 2018-April 2019
The Department of Student Affairs is seeking 1-2 candidates to coordinate the Student Diversity Office. Reporting to the Director of Student Affairs, these candidates will be active and lively members of the UPEI community - and will work to make campus life both more diverse and inclusive, and more critical of the social parameters in which we all live. The student coordinators are responsible for creating and developing intentional programming to promote a diverse, healthy, and vibrant community at UPEI.
• Coordinators will be responsible for planning activities and awareness campaigns around Diversity and Inclusion, including issues related (but not limited) to gender, sexuality, race/ethnicity/national status, dis/ability, and religion. Activities in the past have included: “What Else is Sex,” Anti-Bullying and Microagressions, “TED talk talks,” transgender film screenings, etc.
• The Coordinators are to be involved with Student Union Leaders, Residence Life Leaders, Campus Life Leaders and other student leaders on campus -- liaising with them on various campaigns such as the UPEISU “Sex Week”
• The successful candidates need to work with many departments and faculties on campus to provide the most effective and broad experience for UPEI students
• Duties will also include assisting in program evaluation, preparing reports, advertising programs, recruiting and scheduling of student volunteers
• Other duties as required
• Self-motivated, independent, and creative student in 2nd year or higher
• Active and comfortable on Social Media
• Academically in "good standing" (according to Academic Regulation 17)
• Ability to work in a confidential environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Work well in a team environment
• Show initiative and work with minimal supervision
• Student centered, dependable, and reliable
• Knowledge of UPEI campus and services
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.