Student Assistant - Special Projects - Men's Hockey Program - Department of Athletics and Recreation
As soon as possible – April, 2018 (2 months)
This individual supports the Head Coach in coordination and implementation of Special Projects to develop the men’s hockey program. Projects include: U Sports/NCAA Men’s Hockey Tournament, Game day Promotions, Minor Hockey Clinics and Friends of Men’s Hockey event support.
- Work closely with the coach and Athletic Department to organize and facilitate special projects
- Responsible for acquiring necessary information and producing planning documents, proposals and/or reports
- Where there are personal connections with youth, fans, alumni and Friends of men’s hockey this individual will be responsible for supporting the coach in fostering a positive relationship between the individual/groups, the University and the hockey program
- Work with campus departments and support staff
- Assist with promotional activities
- Perform general duties as required
- Attention to details
- Adaptable and able to think quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess strong computer skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with sport of hockey
- Knowledge of UPEI Men's Hockey program
- Familiar with CHL and able to network with Franchise Managements
- Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.