Student Assistant - Chaplaincy Centre
As soon as possible to April 30, 2019
This position was created to provide an opportunity to be part of an engaging pastoral presence on the UPEI campus, to develop ministry leadership skills for the future, as well as to provide assistance to the full-time Chaplain in creating/implementing programming to serve the spiritual needs of the UPEI community through the Chaplaincy Centre.
• Assist with preparations for liturgies and other campus ministry events
• Make and maintain community-wide connections, organizing opportunities for outreach and service
• Provide help with marketing and promotion
• Attend and participate in meetings with Campus Ministry staff for community building, faith sharing and program development
• Ability to communicate clearly and honestly
• Be willing to be a vocal up-front leader at masses, prayer services, and other events
• Must contribute ideas and be a creative problem solver
• Must be punctual, organized and professional
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.