Student Assistant - UPEI Food Bank - Chaplaincy Centre
As soon as possible to April 30, 2019
Continuing to provide for the spiritual and physical needs of our university community remains the priority at the Chaplaincy Centre. With that in mind, we post this position.
The Food Bank Student Assistant is responsible for:
• Receiving and sorting food
• Assisting in the unpacking and replacing of incoming food
• Assisting in the organization of goods within the food bank
• Evaluating inventory and communicating current needs to volunteer shoppers
• The Food Bank Student Assistant must be a team player who has a keen eye for detail and takes the initiative to identify and solve problems
• Must be able to think outside the box and be willing to share and help implement new ideas
• In this regard, the Food Bank Student Assistant will also work to develop a strong team of volunteers who will increase the profile of the food bank on campus, develop healthy recipes and assist in the overall operation
• Having a means of transportation is an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.