Student Mentors - Student Affairs - Webster Centre
September 2017 – April 30, 2018
Student Affairs requires student mentors to work with the Coordinator of Accessibility Services and the Coordinator of the Gateway Program. The academic student mentors will provide support for students who are enrolled with Accessibility Services and the Gateway Program.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of individuals who provide:
• On-going academic, transition and social support for students
• Academic mentoring of students
• Scheduling one-on-one meetings with students
• Adaptive technology support
• Scanning of textbooks for Kurzweil software
• Progress reports to Coordinator/ Lead student mentor
• Mandatory attendance of monthly meetings
• Proctoring of examinations
• Provision of accommodations as per psychological educational assessments
• Self-motivated 3rd or 4th year student – (exceptional 2nd year students)
• Excellent organization, time management and study skills techniques
• Strong marks in area of study and in good academic standing
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Student centered, dependable and reliable
• Strong computer and Moodle skills
• Knowledge of disability related issues and provision of support services considered an asset
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.