Intramural Sport Student Officials (Up to 2 Positions) - Department of Athletics and Recreation
September – December 2018 (possibility of an extension into the Winter semester)
The Athletics and Recreation Department is looking for exceptional student staff to act as Intramural officials. We are looking for soccer and basketball officials. Intramural soccer – Sundays 6-8 pm and/or Intramural Basketball – Mondays 8:15 pm – 10:30 pm
• Knowledge of sport and the ability to apply the rules in a game
• Ensure you are in good physical condition to move with the play and be a in a position to make appropriate calls
• Wear appropriate uniform while on duty
• Report all incidents, concerns, problems to the Recreation Program Assistants immediately
• Must be a current UPEI student
• Must represent the Panther Recreation program at all times in a manner that exemplifies the principles of Fair Play
• Officials must have excellent knowledge of the rules of the sport and the ability to apply the rules in a game situation
• Ability to work well within a team
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.