Student Assistant - SAVS Laundry Service - Atlantic Veterinary College
September 7, 2017 – April 30, 2018
A student is required to operate the AVC student laundry service.
• Sorting and placing laundry on labeled shelves and preparing laundry for pick-up by the washing service
• The student will distribute clean laundry to students during the designated time periods
• The student must also keep up-to-date inventory, manage the selling and purchasing of used scrubs, coveralls and blue coats as well as keep track of the cash box
• The student will coordinate with the other student assistant in order to determine shifts
• Preference will be given to students currently enrolled in the Atlantic Veterinary College DVM program
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.