Event Management Student Assistant - Faculty of Business
September 6, 2018 - March 15, 2019 (Term could be reduced or extended depending on performance and departmental requirements)
The UPEI Case Competition Program is seeking an energetic, motivated, and detail oriented individual to provide administrative support to the Chair of the Organizing Committee for the 2019 Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) Worldwide Case Competition. The position will be part time in the fall of 2018 and increase to full time in the weeks leading up to the weeklong event, happening February 17-22, 2019.
- Communicating with participating student teams, NIBS board members, NIBS volunteers, NIBS judges, external businesses, sponsors, various UPEI departments, professors within the Faculty of Business, and the NIBS 2019 organizing committee members (via phone, email, in person, letters)
- Supporting in NIBS preliminary and championship round planning (competition logistics, social activities, meals etc.)
- Being a member of Logistics Team on the NIBS 2019 Organizing Committee leading up to and during the competition week (duties include but are not limited to; errands, organizational tasks, preparation and presentation facilities set-up, communicating with suppliers)
- Updating the NIBS website (writing/editing text, uploading photos etc.) (WordPress platform, training will be provided)
- Social media management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Other duties as required
- Must be currently enrolled at UPEI. Courses or a specialization in Tourism and Hospitality or Marketing would be considered an asset
- Relevant work experience, preferably in event planning/management, marketing, or administration would be considered an asset
- Ability to establish priorities, multi-task and work under pressure to deliver timely and exceptional service
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills (email, phone, in-person)
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality requirements
Please provide contact information for two references.
For information regarding the Case Competitions Program or the NIBS 2019 Worldwide Case Competition, visit:
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.