Student Assistant - The Office of Study Abroad & International Collaboration
August 2018 – May 2019
The Office of Study Abroad & International Collaboration is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant. Reporting to the International Liaison Officer, this position will focus on assisting in the facilitation and coordination of international projects and partnerships around study abroad and student exchange in which UPEI, its faculties and its departments are engaged.
The student will:
• Assist with the creation of the One Global Project initiative
• Promote international opportunities to students including the OGP initiative
• Help to maintain and build the office’s website
• Help to coordinate incoming international visits
• Assist in the coordination of overseas partnership activities and update all current international partner institution information
• Assist in the creation of marketing material
• Assist in maintaining all international mobility files and updating all study abroad opportunities
• Other duties as required
• The successful candidate will ideally be a senior student, have international study abroad experience, and will be familiar with working in a post-secondary educational environment
• Strong computer, organizational, and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal abilities
• Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
• Have Spanish as a second language
• Capable of using sound judgment
• Experience working with Faculty
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.