Wellness Ambassadors (Up to 3 Positions) - Healthy Campus Committee
August 30, 2017 – September 13, 2017
The UPEI Healthy Campus Committee is looking for exceptional student staff to work with the promotion of the UPEI Tobacco Use Policy and tobacco cessation programs/services.
• Providing accurate information and answer questions regarding tobacco use policy and cessation support programs on campus
• Placing signs and tobacco cessation support information throughout the campus
• Must be available to work some hours during September 2, 5 and 9.
• Some physical labour is required
• Report to and perform other duties as assigned by the Fitness & Wellness Coordinator and communications officer.
• A current UPEI student
• Must be comfortable interacting with individuals on campus.
• Basic knowledge in health
• A professional demeanor – reliable, well prepared, respectful and relates well to people
• Strong customer service skills and/or experience
• Positive attitude, energetic, courteous, good telephone etiquette and attention to detail
• Able to work well within a team work environment
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to September 2, 5 and 9
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
All applications provide fall class schedule with resume.
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.