Student Laboratory Instructors - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
Fall 2017 and/or Winter Semester 2018
Applications are invited from graduate students interested in instructing laboratories and marking reports for the following Kinesiology courses: Introduction to Exercise Physiology, Introduction to Biomechanics, Physiological Assessment and Training, Advanced Biomechanics.
• Laboratory setup, demonstrating, assisting students in the laboratory, marking reports and assignments, and other duties as required
• The successful applicants will be required to participate on a weekly basis for the duration of the fall and/or winter semester
• Applicants must be graduate students with an acceptable academic record during their undergraduate Kinesiology degree (minimum GPA of 2.7)
• They will possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and have current knowledge of the laboratory material
• Previous experience in a laboratory setting will be considered an asset.
• CPT certification would be an asset
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.