Student Teaching Assistants (Up to 6 Positions) - Department of Health Management - Atlantic Veterinary College *Amended Closing Date*
September 1, 2017 – May 15, 2018
The Department of Health Management seeks to develop a casual list of Teaching Assistants (maximum of 6 hours/week) for its core and elective laboratory courses in the preclinical years covering physical examination and restraint of domestic large animals and other laboratory exercises in the disciplines of large animal medicine, surgery and theriogenology.
• Assist with student instruction within the laboratory in both cadaver and live animal laboratories
• Assist with student evaluations where indicated
• Assist with reviewing medical records where applicable
• Participate in rounds with the student surgeons where applicable
• Assist with animal care, when necessary, following live animal laboratories
• Must be a graduate student, PGD/intern, resident, post-doctoral fellow or research associate at the Atlantic Veterinary College;
• Have a DVM degree with relevant experience with animal species/discipline;
• Have some clinical teaching experience.
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.