Student Laboratory Assistants (Up to 4 Positions) - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science
Fall 2017 semester with the possibility of extension for the winter semester 2018
Applications are invited from 3rd- and 4th-year students majoring in Foods and Nutrition who are interested in assisting in the Foods laboratory for FN 111 Introductory Foods, with additional duties as required
• Laboratory setup, demonstrating, assisting students in the laboratory, marking, running errands on campus, and other duties as required
• The successful applicants will be required to participate at a minimum in a weekly laboratory for the duration of the Fall Semester
• Student assistants will be expected to begin their lab shift half an hour prior to the start of each laboratory, and remain half an hour longer. Laboratory sections have been scheduled as follows:
Tuesday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Wednesday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Thursday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Friday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
NOTE: please include in cover letter the laboratory section(s) for which you are available.
• The Applicants must be a 3rd or 4th year major in Foods and Nutrition who have completed FN 111 Introductory Foods with high academic standing (minimum average 75%) and have excelled in the laboratory component
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, be interested in food, and have knowledge of the laboratory material
• Previous experience in a laboratory setting will be considered an asset
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and fi;;-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.