Day Camp Counsellors (Up to 6 Positions) - Panther Academy - Athletics and Recreation
August 14, 2017 – August 18, 2017
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires Student Instructors/Counselors for the Panther Academy Varsity Basketball Camp August 14 – 18, 2017.
Under the guidance of the Coordinator, Sales & Panther Academy and Head Coaches, the successful candidate(s) will:
• Assist in the daily instruction and supervision of children ages eight to 18
• Instructors will be teaching campers basic basketball skills and drills and rules of the game in a competitive yet fun and welcoming environment! This camp is great for all skill levels
• Instructors will conduct themselves and their work in an enjoyable, presentable and professional manner
• The successful candidate will have effective behavioral skills and be prepared to deal with various behavioral issues; perform duties without direct supervision
• Be responsible for reporting to the Head Coaches and to the Coordinator, Sales & Panther Academy and performing other duties as required
Priority will be given to UPEI Varsity Basketball student athletes in accordance with the Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures Manual who possess the following:
• Previous experience instructing or working with children in a basketball camp setting
• Developing or leading basketball drills and programming for children and youth
• Ability to communicate and be assertive; enthusiastic, outgoing, friendly and courteous personality
• Ability to relate positively to staff, campers and parents; adapt easily to unexpected circumstances and additional duties
• A Criminal Record Check is required upon hiring
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.