Student Research Assistant - School of Mathematical & Computational Sciences - Faculty of Science
February – May 5, 2018
The School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences is seeking one undergraduate Research Assistant to assist with an NSERC-funded project on Heun’s differential equation and applications.
- The student is expected to explore the existed literature, give a brief report on any recent findings
- The student is also expected to do length mathematical computation that may require some strong knowledge in Computer Algebra System such as Maple
- A good knowledge of the differential equations and numerical analysis are required for this position
- Access to computer software such as Maple or Mathematica is essential
- A student with Special Functions knowledge is preferable
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.