Graduation Week Student Coordinator - Student Affairs *AMENDED*
March 4 - May 18, 2019
The Graduation Week Coordinator is a unique and exciting opportunity for a current UPEI student. Working within the Department of Student Affairs, the successful applicant will work to coordinate the 2019 UPEI Graduation Week (Grad Week), as well as some programming initiatives leading up to Grad Week. The successful candidate will be mentored in communications, event planning, leadership and other critical skills in order to successfully organize and run Grad Week for over 900 graduating UPEI students. We are looking for someone who is organized, energetic, and possesses the natural leadership skills required to coordinate and execute a busy Grad Week. The position will also include one week of follow-up after Convocation. No previous experience or knowledge of Grad Week required.
• Work with campus partners to develop and deliver Grad Week and lead-up events for the 2019 Grad Week
• Facilitate community and business partnerships for Grad Week
• Recruit and lead a team of student volunteers to deliver the Grad Week
• Utilize various modes of communication, including Facebook and Twitter to communicate with students and respond to questions and requests
• Maintain statistical data for various aspects of Grad Week activities and events
• Develop and maintain a Grad Week budget
• Coordinate and order materials for Grad Packs
• Keep a record of and develop a guide for the events and activities that were hosted
• Complete a post Grad Week report
• Other related and administrative duties as required
• Minimum of 2nd year standing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in a leadership role
• Be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Familiarity with computers and social media platforms
• Knowledgeable of UPEI programs, services, and facilities
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Hold a valid driver’s license
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.