Outreach Student Assistant - Applied Communications, Leadership & Culture - Faculty of Arts
As soon as possible – April 30, 2019
The GeoREACH lab in the Applied Communications, Leadership & Culture program is seeking an Outreach Student Assistant to participate in research and produce regular summaries designed to engage the larger ACLC community and the public. The Outreach Student Assistant will be supervised by Dr. Joshua MacFadyen, Director, and Ross Dwyer, Project Manager. The GeoREACH lab supports Geospatial Research in Atlantic Canadian History and other projects of the ACLC program.
• Participate in ongoing historical research and analysis conducted by other lab members
• Participate in the weekly team meeting
• Help track team goals and progress using Google Docs, Sheets, and other word processors
• Write regular (eg. weekly) summaries of the research
• Create media (eg. photos and video) summarizing research and events
• Share updates, summaries, and other content regularly on social media and websites
Additional tasks may include
• Contribute to other team writing projects using Google Docs and other word processors
• Demonstrated writing skills
• Experience with social media
• Experience with Google Docs and other word processing software
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to quickly learn and master various computer applications
• Experience with Wordpress or similar content management systems would be an asset
• Experience with video editing software would be an asset
• Knowledge of Atlantic Canadian history would be an asset
• Driver’s license and ability to travel to various PEI archives would be an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.